|Home . Media Centre . Museum . Publications . Speeches . Careers in BOU . Contact Us|
- Quick Links
Frequently Asked Questions on BOU Services
Some of the frequently asked questions about the Bank of Uganda services
- Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy foreign exchange from the public?
- Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy gold from the public?
- Can an individual open an account with Bank of Uganda?
1. Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy foreign exchange from the public?
Bank of Uganda does not sell or buy foreign exchange from the public. This service is done by commercial banks and forex bureaux.
2. Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy gold from the public?
Bank of Uganda does not sell or buy gold from the public.
3. Can an individual open an account with Bank of Uganda?
No. Bank of Uganda is only banker to government and commercial banks. Individuals can open up bank accoutns with commercial banks.
- Central Bank Rate (CBR)
|October 2018||December 2018|
|October 2018||November 2018|
|Food Crops & Related Items||-3.4||-3.3|
- Exchange Rates
- December 11, 2018
- Financial News Report
|November 28, 2018||December 05, 2018|
|T/Bills (91 days)||10.99||10.80|
|T/Bills (182 days)||12.30||12.00|
|T/Bills (364 days)||12.75||12.75|
|T/Bonds (2 years)||15.25||15.25|
|T/Bonds (3 years)||16.79||16.79|
|T/Bonds (5 years)||16.75||16.75|
|T/Bonds (10 years)||17.20||17.20|
|T/Bonds (15 years)||17.50||17.50|
- Commercial Bank Rates
|September 2018||October 2018|
|Time Deposit Rate||9.68||9.72|