|Home . Media Centre . Museum . Publications . Speeches . Careers in BOU . Contact Us|
- Quick Links
Frequently Asked Questions on BOU Services
Some of the frequently asked questions about the Bank of Uganda services
- Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy foreign exchange from the public?
- Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy gold from the public?
- Can an individual open an account with Bank of Uganda?
1. Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy foreign exchange from the public?
Bank of Uganda does not sell or buy foreign exchange from the public. This service is done by commercial banks and forex bureaux.
2. Does Bank of Uganda sell or buy gold from the public?
Bank of Uganda does not sell or buy gold from the public.
3. Can an individual open an account with Bank of Uganda?
No. Bank of Uganda is only banker to government and commercial banks. Individuals can open up bank accoutns with commercial banks.
- Central Bank Rate (CBR)
|December 2017||February 2018|
|December 2017||January 2018|
|Food Crops & Related Items||-0.7||1.4|
- Exchange Rates
- February 21, 2018
- Financial News Report
|Jan 10, 2018||Jan 17, 2018|
|T/Bills (91 days)||8.57||8.56|
|T/Bills (182 days)||8.39||8.41|
|T/Bills (364 days)||8.98||9.04|
|T/Bonds (2 years)||10.91||10.91|
|T/Bonds (5 years)||12.57||12.57|
|T/Bonds (10 years)||12.70||12.70|
|T/Bonds (15 years)||14.34||14.34|
- Commercial Bank Rates
|November 2017||December 2017|
|Time Deposit Rate||8.77||8.59|